Sunday, February 15, 2009

Today and other days...

Today I went to the grocery store. I had a plan for a change instead of going in there high and buying too much stuff that I can't afford.

I bought sandwich materials for lunch and cheap pasta for dinner.

Recently while drunk at CVS I couln't help but cave in on the 3 for $10 deal on Cinnamon Toast Crunch. So breakfast is covered.

This may not seem interesting to you, but... Well, it's just plain not. OK, moving on...

So I looked at the first blogging effort of mine today for the first time in a few weeks and I decided that, while I am not a very good cohesive writer, I thought it wasn't an all together horrible effort.

So I decided to take a less structured crack at it and rant. And so here I am.

DC Statehood is being voted on soon. What this means is DC will get to have an appropriate amount of Congressional Representatives and Senators. I do not know a whole lot about any of this. I feel like right away, it seems like a good idea. Taxation without representation seems bad, but I also heard that it's been opposed for so long that it's unconstitutional. Also, I learned today that you can get free health care in DC as long as you are a resident. This also will require more research on my part, but it's something that I've been thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._Statehood

I just went and got a pack of cigarettes and when I smoked the first one on my way home I got the first "cigarette buzz" I've had since high school. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

My friend Tim also started a blog. His is much better than mine.
http://timlarsenphotography.blogspot.com/

The NBA All Star Game is tonight. I am very much looking forward to seeing Shaq and Kobe AND Phil on the same team again. Should be awesome. I'm calling a West victory, 361-288.

Nate Robinson jumped over Dwight Howard. Yes, he deserved to win.


Also, this kid is everything that is right and wrong with the internet and the country.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pruane2Forever

The Stimulus Bill passed with little help from the GOP. Whatever. It passed.

I watched "The Dark Knight" last night with someone who hasn't seen it. It was as always, awesome.

Also, I have been watching Season One of Studio 60 on the sunset strip. That was Aaron Sorkin's most recent show. (Aaron Sorkin created "The West Wing" which if you know me, know that it's one of my favorite things ever, and probably played a big roll in me moving here to D.C.)
So far it's pretty good. I remember seeing and episode before it was canceled that didn't seem all that interesting. So I hope it was just a one time thing... whatever. I'm going to go watch it now.

Thanks for reading. It'll be better next time, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment